Here is a list of some of the things I have accomplished during my career:
- Instrumental in architecting and introducing Social Media, Web 2.0 collaboration across the Government of Canada with the internationally recognized GCPEDIA and GCCONNEX initiatives that enable thousands of public servants to take individual action towards working more effectively.
- Created and led a multi-disciplinary team to design, launch and operate the portfolio of open source tools that make up the open collaborative workplace.
- The project entailed extensive partnerships, community engagement, governance and funding negotiations across organizational silos and cultural conditions.
- In November, 2009 GCPEDIA reached a milestone with more that 10,000 registered users, 4,500 articles and millions of views achieved within one year of launch.
- In December, 2009, GCPEDIA was recognized by the Clerk of the Privy Council, (Canada’s highest public servant), as a key enabler of workplace renewal.
- You can read about GCPEDIA in Wikipedia
- Authored Marketing Communication chapter for Coherency Management: Architecting the Enterprise for Alignment, Agility and Assurance, ISBN:1438996063.
- Acted as Government of Canada, Chief Enterprise Architect for 4 months.
- Led the interface development team for Mitel Networks first IP PBX Telephone, (15 staff, 1.2 million), working as part of an international development effort, consistently ranking as the most dependable of 26 sub-project teams.
- Architect and project lead for a $250,000 solution for Gandalf in 1999 that resulted in a 365% ROI.
- Consistently delivered Critical Performance Indicators in the top three of 30 Algonquin programs.
- Conceived and prototyped SDL Interactive, a CD-ROM based game and Web based environment for self directed learning that was provincially recognized as an innovative application of technology.
- Designed and managed more than 40 projects with budgets from $20,000 to more than $1.2 million.
- Received Algonquin college-wide student’s award for best teacher of the year, 1996
- Initiated Algonquin’s Advertising Alumni Association and student run advertising agency, increasing revenue at the College Newspaper by more than 300%.
- Recognized as a pioneer in computer assisted learning and broadband internet learning applications, 1998