As many of you know, I teach part time. This year it is 4th year students in the BIT Program at Carleton University. The course is called Advanced Topics and the idea is to explore new topics, add depth to some already covered in the program. Students will be graduating at the end of this term and looking for work.
At our first class last Friday, we talked about some of the areas they would like to explore in more depth. These are listed below. I am looking for folks with experience in these areas to speak to the class for 60-120 minutes. Depending on the topic and your style, it may be a lecture followed by Q&A , a demo, or simply a discussion. There is no payment. The class occurs on Fridays from 2:30-5:50 until April, at Carleton University in Ottawa.
- After Effects
- Mobile programing
- 3D projection, TV and other technologies
- Interactive interfaces with reality
- How to find a job using the internet
- Audio; music, SFX, and production
- Promotion, of the tradeshow variety
- Professional networking
- Social Media (Ap Dev for)
- Branding (partly covered, but could use more)
- Open source
- other topics relevant to Interactive Multimedia and Design
If you are interested please let me know and we will organize something.
Here is the Course Outline for more detailed information.